Last updated on February 28th, 2021 at 11:56 am
Homemade spinach dip to serve with sourdough or pumpernickle bread.
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low fat is ok, which is what I use)
- 1 cup sour cream (again low fat is ok and what I use)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 package powdered vegetable soup mix
- (I use Knorr's Vegetable Soup Mix)
- 1 loaf round sourdough or pumpernickle bread
Cook the spinach on high over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes (you can also use the microwave if you wish).
Cool the spinach and press out all the water.
Mix the first 6 ingredients and let stand in refrigerator for 1- 1/2 to 2 hours until chilled.
Scoop out the center of the bread to form a bowl, but don't throw the scooped out bread away! Put the Spinach Dip inside the scooped out part of the loafl and serve.
Tear the bread that was scooped out of the loaf into bite-sized pieces, and serve on a plate or place around the loaf, to use for the dip!
This dip is great with all types of vegetables such as baby carrots, mushrooms, celery or strips of green or red sweet pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Based on 1/4 cup serving.